Join The Fight Against Swine Flu Pandemic
Recently, cases of swine influenza A (H1N1) virus infection have been reported in several cities. It has been declared an epidemic worldwide now. Being a contagious disease It is spreading very rapidly because of. The disease is rapidly spreading among people who are in close contact with the infected people.
Flu viruses spread mainly from person to person through droplets created while coughing or sneezing by a person infected with swine flu. Droplets get dispersed into the air and another person can breathe in contaminated air. A person can also get infected by touching something that is contaminated with germs and then touching his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
An infected person can infect others beginning one day before symptoms develop and up to seven or more days after becoming sick. Hence it has become very important to take precautions that can help to prevent the spread of the disease:
• Avoid visiting marketplaces, overcrowded areas and infected people as this will minimize the risk of getting contaminated by the virus.
• Avoid close contact with people having respiratory illness.
• Cover your mouth when you cough and sneeze and discard the tissues in a dustbin instead of tossing it here and there.
• Wash your hands frequently (for 15-20 seconds), especially after you return from a public place or each time you touch any infected surfaces.
• Frequent hand washing will help you to reduce the chance of getting contaminated.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread by this way.
• Get plenty of sleep, be physically active and manage your stress.
• Drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious food.
• For home remedies you can have fresh tulsi leaves as it has enormous therapeutic properties and can strengthen your immunity. Giloi can also be boiled in water to extract its properties and taken once a day.
• Daily Pranayam and physical exercise will work wonders for your body and help you to fight against the disease.
• Have lots of citrus fruit juice rich in vitamin C.
• If one gets sick with influenza, one must stay at home, away from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
• In case you show flu symptoms, don't neglect and immediately seek the advice of a doctor.
Signs and Symptoms of Swine Flu
Early signs of influenza A(H1N1) are flu-like, including fever, cough, headache, body aches, muscle and joint pain, sore throat and runny nose, chills and sometimes vomiting or diarrhoea.
Emergency Warning Signs That Need Urgent Medical Attention
• Fast breathing or trouble breathings
• Bluish skin color
• Not drinking enough fluids/ eating food
• Not waking up or not interacting
• Flu-like symptoms but then return with fever and worse cough
• Fever with a rash
• Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
• Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
• Sudden dizziness
• Severe or persistent vomitingRead Details